Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Travel Day 1

Tuesday, July 4 (two weeks ago) 
9:30 p.m. Vancouver, B.C. 
After checking in for my flight and clearing security I am waiting by my gate. Since it is still two hours before my flights planned departure the gate area is for the most part empty and quiet. 

Outside the sun is setting bathing the airport in a beautiful rose coloured glow. 


Used to having one or sometimes all three boys clamouring for my attention it seems strangely quiet just sitting there on my own. The last three days have been busy as Jason did his best to prepare me and coach me on everything I needed to do and I did the same for him. 

Unsure of what to do with myself now that everything is said and done, I reach for my phone and my earbuds; with a click of a few buttons the hymn “Nearer Still Nearer”, begins to play softly in my ears. Knowing that God is always near, and that I am never truly alone, brings comfort and peace. 

No comments: