Thursday, June 15, 2017

Truths To Live By:

Remember Who made us

So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them. Gen 1:27 

Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them; Ecclesiasts 12:1 

Know ye that the Lord He is God: it is He that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people, and the sheep of His pasture. Psalm 100:3 

But now, O Lord, Thou art our Father; we are the clay, and Thou our Potter; and we all are the work of Thy hand. Isaiah 64:8 

Our sin separates us from God

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23 

We need a Saviour, a Mediator. 

For there is one God, and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus; 1 Timothy 2:5 

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:14-15 

Our only hope is Jesus

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Acts16:31 

When we believe in Him, we receive the gift of the Holy Spirit

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Acts 2:38 

And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, Acts 2:4a 

We must daily, consciously, abide in Christ and let His Spirit fill us. 

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without Me ye can do nothing. John 15:5 

For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour My Spirit upon thy seed, and My blessing upon thine offspring: Isaiah 44:3 

But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. John 4:14 

Abiding in Christ and being Spirit filled, gives us love, joy and peace regardless of our circumstances

And the disciples were filled with joy, and with the Holy Ghost. Acts 13:52 

And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. Romans 5:5 

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. (Jesus) John 14:27

No comments: