Wednesday, May 24, 2017

He Ever Lives to Make Intercession For Us

Do you ever think about eternity?

The Bible tells us we should.
Set your affection (mind) on things above, not on things on the earth. Col 3:2

One thing that I’ve been thinking about is, in eternity, what truth that I would know/see would have made me live differently if I had truly embraced that truth while on earth?

As I thought about it: I was reminded of this verse: Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them. Hebrews 7:25

Would I have had any anxious thoughts knowing that Jesus was always interceding on my behalf? 

Would I have focused so much on the here and now if I knew that Jesus was interceding for me every moment of every day?

Would I have spent so much time on things that had no eternal value if I had considered the truth of His interceding?

Would I have been more full of joy if I had truly embraced that truth?

Jesus urges us in Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

I don’t want to waste my life. 

I don’t want to fill my life with regrets. 

God has given us His Word. Let’s read it, study it, hide the words in our heart, embrace the truths it teaches and do what He commands.

If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them. John 13:17

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:32 

Seeing then that we have a great High Priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. Hebrews 4:14

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

No comments: