Tuesday, January 12, 2016

He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life!

He had come for sinners who could never get it right, and than just like the snow now blanketed the dirty earth HE would perfect us and clothe us with HIS righteousness.” That thought stayed with me. I knew on my own I would fail and could never be perfect, but what did it mean for Christ to perfect me?

Digging deeper into God’s word I found glorious truths. Matthew 7:7-8 says:
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. And God is not a man, that He should lie; (Numbers 23:19)

Instead He instructs us in Jeremiah to: Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:3

The truth is that we don’t need to live in fear or failure. Jesus came not only to give us eternal life but also abundant life.  John 10:10b says: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

How does he do this? In John 14:6a it says: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: And just like He combatted Satan’s lies with truth when He was tempted in the wilderness, He is our Truth. And through Him and His Word we can combat the lies of Satan, the world and our own sinful self. Psalm 60:12 says: Through God we shall do valiantly: for he it is that shall tread down our enemies. (Psalm 60:12)

We can resist the devil with the Truth. James 4:7b Resist the devil, and he will flee from youJohn 8:32 says: And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. And later in verse 36 it continues by saying. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.           

We are a new creation in Christ Jesus. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says: Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. Sin no longer has dominion over us. Instead we can find freedom and an abundant life through Jesus, Who alone is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

What are you struggling with in your life? Dissatisfaction? Fear? A sense of failure? What is the lie you are believing? Look to Christ and His Word for the truth. The Truth will set you free.

I remember struggling with fear when I lived in Haiti, particularly during election time. It was common to hear gunfire, explosion, screaming and sirens.  More then once we were forced to go on lockdown where we weren’t allowed to leave our home and fear crept in.

I remember clearly that the Holy Spirit directed me to the Truth. And the truth against that lie of fear was:

2 Tim 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

1 John 4:18a There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear:

Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

I memorized those verses and clung to the Truth and overcame my fear. I found freedom through Him and in Him.

Ever since the Garden of Eden the devil has continued to plant seeds of doubt and deceit to trick us and to wreak havoc in our lives, but Jesus has come that we might have life and have it more abundantly. John 10:10b I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

What temptation are you struggling with right now? What lie are you believing? Look to Christ, ask Him to show you through His Word the Truth that will set you free!

He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life!

2 comments:

Roelie Faasse said...

Thank you for sharing this, Will! I love all of the Scripture verses you quoted...several of these were mentioned at a Prayer Meeting I attended last evening! The Holy Spirit is ALWAYS at work! Thank you, Lord, for Him, Your Son and Yourself!

Blessings to you and your family! Keep writing!

With love,
Roelie

Roelie Faasse said...

Thank you for sharing this, Will! I love all of the Scripture verses you quoted...several of these were mentioned at a Prayer Meeting I attended last evening! The Holy Spirit is ALWAYS at work! Thank you, Lord, for Him, Your Son and Yourself!

Blessings to you and your family! Keep writing!

With love,
Roelie