Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Living Life God's Way

I haven't written for weeks. Partly because I've been busy; first with leading a team to Guatemala and then as soon as I got back with our annual fundraising sale. But that wasn't all. There were some things in my life that I had to make right before God gave me the freedom to write once again. 

So here is some encouragement for you: If you are struggling right now with doing the right thing, because the right thing is a hard thing, and you're wrestling with strong conflicting feelings and emotions - do the right thing! No matter what. 

And don't just listen to and follow your heart. The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked: who can know it? (Jeremiah 17:9) And don't live like they did in the time of the Judges where every man did that which was right in his own eyes (Judges 21:25b). Do what is right in God's eyes. If you are unsure of what that is - ask Him. You may be surprised with the answer. Call unto Me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not (Jeremiah 33:3). 

And when you return to God and repent of your sin He is always there. This Man (Jesus) receiveth sinners (Luke 15:2b) And as Spurgeon commented: "He has not even begun to cast them out."  And when He opens His arms, communion with Him is incredibly sweet. 

"In sweet communion, Lord, with Thee 
I constantly abide; 
My hand Thou holdest in Thy own 
To keep me near Thy side. 

Thy counsel through my earthly way 
Shall guide me and control, 
And then to glory afterward 
Thou wilt receive my soul. 

Whom have I, Lord, in heaven but Thee, 
To Whom my thoughts aspire? 
And, having Thee, on earth is naught 
That I can yet desire? 

Tho' flesh and heart should faint and fail, 
The Lord will ever be
The strength and portion of my heart, 
My God eternally. 

To live apart from God is death, 
'Tis good His face to seek; 
My refuge is the living God, 
His praise I long to speak." 
William U. Butcher (Psalter 203) 

Recently in one of my early morning devotion times God directed me to Ecclesiastes 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments: For this is the whole duty of man. When I dug a little deeper I found out that the word 'duty' doesn't actually appear in the Hebrew text and instead the last phrase has the idea of "this is man's all." 

I knew this verse and when I had read it for the first time many years ago it seemed a little depressing to me. Like Solomon was saying "I've tried everything, it's all vanity, the only thing left to do is fear God and keep His commandments for this is the whole duty of man." 

But now, as I pondered those words again it actually seemed just the opposite to me. It really was a wonderful conclusion and the best way to live! To fear God and keep His commandments - to live life God's way. There was no better way! God not only sent His Son to die for us but to give us life. Jesus says in John 10:10 I have come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. Not a life free of suffering or pain or trials. But an abundant life, taking up our cross and following Jesus. How can that be? You may wonder. An abundant, cross bearing life? It seems so contradictory. I don't know how to explain it, but I know it is true because I've experienced it for myself. In His presence is fullness of joy. Everything else pales in comparison.

Read the Bible, it is your guide book, Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. (Psalm 119:105) Don't only read it, do what it says. But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. (James 1:22) Live life God's way. It is the best way. His way is perfect.  

As for God, His way is perfect: (Psalm 18:30) 

1 comment:

Comment said...

I have been thinking about this very Kwale Temple love spell for the past couple of days. What Mariah shared is confirmation to me. And yes I am accountable too, and I am working on my issues. But I have realized I can’t make my husband come back, I can’t even make him want to change his mind to come back to me. I then contacted Dr Kwale via the email Mariah shared and truly I was able to get my husband back to my arms with Kwale Temple spell. Email Dr Kwale now at kwaletemple@gmail.com or Whats-App him on +2348056141089. Thanks for being open Mariah, it is helpful!