Wednesday, February 21, 2018

The Love of God

This morning I was walking around my kitchen feeling out of sorts. The house was messy, I felt rushed, flustered and tense, and things weren’t going according to plan – my plan that is. As a matter of fact, the whole week I had felt like I couldn't seem to catch my breath - or my footing. 

Just at that moment, God brought the song to mind 'His arms are open'. Grabbing my cell phone off of its customary spot on the microwave I searched for the song until I found it and turned it on. 

As I listened to the words of how God’s arms were open, that the chains were broken, and that we weary and ashamed could lay our burdens down, I was overwhelmed by God’s great love for me. And not only for me but for all the lost, broken and hurting people in the world. 

The Bible says:
Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30 

I (God) have spread out My hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts; Isaiah 65:2 

Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and He will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon. Isaiah 55:7 

For God so loved the world, that he gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord God: and not that he should return from his ways, and live? Ezekiel 18:23

And he arose, and came to his Father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him. Luke 15:20

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: 1 John 3:1a 

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. Revelations 21:4 

Return to Him. Come to Him. Run to Him. His arms are open.

1 comment:

Jenny J said...

Beautiful, so awesome when he calms our hearts 💕