Friday, June 17, 2016

Winter - Spring Update

(I was just looking when I wrote our last family update and noticed it was October! 
Although I've done blog posts since, no updates, so here goes!)

Fall in Canada slowly faded to winter.


The air became cooler and Canadian geese filled the skies in swarms, honking their noisy goodbyes. 

I still loved admiring the changing skies and the colourful sunsets; God is an incredible Artist!


Our two youngest boys experienced the magic of their first snowfall; side by side!


They soon learned that snow was not only fun to watch, but also super fun to play in!


The snow scenery was breathtaking, of course.



And so were the snow sunsets.


The boys were quickly introduced to sledding, skating and snowboarding, and thought it was all just grand!


It was also special being able to celebrate Christmas with our families for the first time in 8 years!

Jason travelled multiple times back and forth to Haiti and looking through his pictures I couldn't help but marvel at how different the two worlds really were!




He loves the work he is doing, and comes home full of excitement over plans, and projects and people, and development. He also gets to see first hand how God is at working in the lives of partners in Canada, Haiti and all around the world! I do get a tiny bit jealous every now and then. 


In his spare time, he's also been busy upgrading his education so he is now a licensed EMR (Emergency Medical Responder/Paramedic ) and an IFSAC certified Firefighter.



In December he joined the firehall again and when his pager goes off he is out the door in a flash.


With all the 'hats' he wears and many talents he has, I am just thankful to have him in our lives and how he makes our family a priority!


Winter didn't hang around too long, and before we knew it spring was here with her fragrant blossoms, and tranquil sunshine.


I of course, took 100's many photo's of the blossoms, but will only share a couple of my favourites!


To my surprise, chickadees soon moved into my tiny, 'just for show', honeymoon suite, and we soon had the pleasure of listening to tiny chirping babies!


The 3 boys all celebrated birthdays, and we were thankful for another year they were spared.


With the rising temperatures, they were excited to be able to run around outdoors once again!




Jayden only has 1 week of school left and told me he is actually sad the school year is almost over! He really enjoys school and has thankfully transitioned really well. Here he is dressed up for one of his recent field trips.


I'm really enjoying my role as a wife and stay-at-home mom. Being a home-maker has always been a dream of mine and I love it!

I've also enjoyed gardening and watching everything in our yard grow!




I've also really enjoyed attending and participating in two women's Bible studies. I love studying the Bible and I love digging deep into God's Word with other ladies, so being part of the studies has been a great blessing to me!

I still wake up an hour early each morning to spend time at Jesus's feet, which has truly been the most worthwhile thing I've done in my life. Jesus says in Matthew 11:29 "...Learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls." And it's true. He gives rest; He gives joy; He gives peace; and like I tell Jason sometimes, "He turns my chaos back into order!" I love God and pray daily that my heart will be wholly committed to Him!  

Jesus said to Martha that Mary who sat at His feet had "chosen the good part." Will you? 

No comments: