Wednesday, May 4, 2016

I Know Whom I Have Believed

Last week I felt God directing me to write about faith, in all its simplicity, and since then new thoughts have been forming; specifically on, Who is it that we have faith in? Is He trustworthy? Is He true? Can you count on Him? Is anything to hard for Him? What has He done?

Paul writes to Timothy in 2 Timothy 1:12: For I know Whom I have believed, and it's important that you and I can say the same thing as well.

In Hosea 4:6 it says: My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: and in Jeremiah 23 and 24a God speaks: Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth Me

I know you can spend a lifetime sitting at God's feet and still not know everything there is to know about God, but do you know that your view and knowledge of Him affects every aspect of your life?

The knowledge that you can trust Him, that He is always good, that He knows, that He cares, that nothing is outside of His control and that He has a plan, and even though you may not understand it, His ways and thoughts are higher and better that ours and we can rest in that, makes all the difference in how we life our life!

But, going back to His salvation, the question is, do you take Him at His Word?
In Numbers 23:18 it says: God is not a man, that He should lie; neither the Son of man, that He should repent: hath He said, and shall He not do it? or hath He spoken, and shall He not make it good?

Spurgeon says in his book the Wicket Gate:

"If men were afraid to disbelieve, there would be good sense in the fear; but to be afraid to trust their God is at best an absurdity," (Page 37)

"We have God's word for it, that whosoever believeth in Jesus shall not perish, and we search for arguments why we should perish if we did believe." (Page 37)

"If the Lord is satisfied to save me through the merits of His dear Son, assuredly I may be satisfied to be so saved. If I take God at His word, the responsibility of fulfilling His promise does not lie with me, but with God, who made the promise." (Page 37)  

"But one moans, "What if I come to Christ, and He refuses me?" My answer is, "Try Him." You will be the first whom He has shut the door of hope. Friend, don't cross that bridge till you come it it! When Jesus casts you out, it will be time enough to despair; but that time will never come. "This man receiveth sinners": He has not so much as begun to cast them out." (Page 39)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen, God bless!
Love Jenny