Thursday, February 25, 2016

At His Feet

Psalm 27:8 
When thou saidst, Seek ye My face; 
my heart said unto Thee, 
Thy face, Lord, will I seek.

February 25, 2016
They say it takes 30 days to form a new habit and I’m at day 32 of waking up at 6:00 a.m. to start my day with God. It definitely has gotten easier waking up and as soon as my alarm starts to buzz I get out without a second thought of lack of sleep, cozy blankets or pleasant dreams. Maybe it’s gotten easier because the more time I spend in God’s presence, the more precious it becomes.

Psalm 42:2 says:
My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

Psalm 73:28 says:
But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all Thy works.

And as I sit at His feet and read His Word, the distractions and cares of the world fade away.

His words brings life,
John 6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of eternal life.

His voice speaks promises,
Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Romans 10:19 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Matthew 28:20 and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

And His love offers more than anything else in the world.  
Psalm 86:15 But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.

Psalm 4:6-7 There be many that say, Who will shew us any good? Lord, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon us. Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased.

His words are more precious than gold.
Psalm 19:10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Job 23:12b I have esteemed the words of His mouth more than my necessary food.

And it is the only thing in the whole world that will never fade way.
Isaiah 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

And now I want to encourage you too!

Draw near to God. (Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. James 4:8)

There is no better place to be then in His presence! (In Thy presence is fullness of joy. Psalm 16:11b)

Be like Mary and sit at God’s feet, (And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word. Luke 10:39)

And learn from Him. (It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. John 6:45)

No comments: